Ok, so here is my process and finished product. It was a lot more work than I thought, but it was totally worth it. I love it! It's pretty heavy though lol. When I hang it on the wall, I'm going to have to make sure that  it's nailed into a stud post. 
Picture 1 - I picked my fabric and ironed it so it was completely straight. 
Picture 2 - I had my husband cut the metal to fit the size of the canvas.
Picture 3 - BE CAREFUL! Once cut, the metal is VERY sharp! I cut myself a little.
Picture 4 - My husband did this little extra wood piece inside the canvas to help the metal not bow when we nailed it on.
Picture 5 - We originally were going to screw the metal down, but for this frame, we found it better to nail it all instead.
Picture 6 - This is the finished canvas with the metal all nailed in.
Picture 7 - We then sprayed the metal with adhesive spray and then laid my fabric over it. Then stapled the remaining fabric to the back.
Picture 8 - Finished product. I painted the inside of my frame because it had water stains on it. I was going to paint the whole frame, but I like this better. I stuck round magnets on the back of my makeup I wanted up on the board and then put them in order. I also suck a magnate line on the fabric so that I could keep some of my bobby pins on it. I kept my foundation, concealer, and makeup like that down because it would be too heavy to magnetize. So I put it in a little heart shaped dish along with my eye liners that were too small to be magnetized. I also have a square dish for all of my brushes. 

Overall - Good craft. More work than I thought... but totally worth it! I love how it looks, and I'm excited to have everything organized now.
If you decide to do this project and have any questions, just get a hold of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment