Chalk Board Tables

I'm pretty excited about this little craft I did. I was looking online for a desk for J for Joy School. But since my craft budget is $0-nun, everything was way over budget. So I decided to put my creative hat on and think of something I could make. I got this idea from pinterest (duh) but it wasn't done quite like this. I then started looking back online on the For Sale/Swap page on FB.

I found this women who was selling 3 end tables for $15. These 3 tables were alone already a better deal than one desk I could have bought. I went to Walmart and bought some Chalk Board Spray Paint. (FYI, it does not take 2 spray cans to spray the tops of these three tables, more like 1/2 of 1 - so I deff have extra that I need to find another craft to use it on)
Because I wanted them to look like desks, I sprayed the majority of the top and when it dried, I drew a square in the middle with pencil - measured of course. 


After that, I picked out some paint colors - my kid's favorite colors, Red for J, Blue for Zay, and Pink for Lil' Miss. I got the Paint from Walmart. It was maybe $5 for the three colors. I had to do 3 coats of each color to make it really stand out.


After the paint was dry, I found some stickers from the $$ Store and covered them.


Overall, I'm pretty happy with the end result. The boys are really excited about them. So the total amount spent on these were around $25.

No comments:

Post a Comment