So here's my new craft I'm going to attempt.
I realized I had a problem, and I thought about what I needed to do to solve that problem.

Problem... 
May 31st is my 6th year Wedding Anniversary (that is deff not the problem). What I really want to do is go out to a fancy dinner with my husband. I want to look really nice... and I would really, really like a new dress to wear. But money is to tight right now to be buying a new dress. What to do? I don't want to go out in my Sunday cloths (not that I wouldn't, I just would like something new and different).

Answer...
I was looking around Pinterest, at nothing particular  and I came across an interesting pin.


I was like, "Whaaaa?" And under the picture is said -  "She refashions a goodwill $1 find every day for a year! Amazing and really cute ideas too!" and, "She refashions clothing from Op Shops and pulls it off every time!"

So I thought.... man, I'd like to see what that weird looking dress turned out to be. And.................... 
BAM!

Wow! I loved it!. And the tutorial seemed easy enough. I mean, I'm not a pro at sewing, but I'm not a total beginner either. 

Anyways, I looked at a few more of her transformations and I got it in my head that I could do this. So I went on line and asked anyone if they had any XXL dresses I could maybe take off of their hands. 2 of my friends answered my call and dropped of a ton of cute patterned, over sized dresses. 

Sooo.... I'm going to try and MAKE my dress for my 6th year Wedding Anniversary. I'm pretty excited about it really. Because if this works and it looks good... I'll transform all of the dresses I got into something new and cute for me to wear. And I could be able to make fashion inspired clothing from clothing much cheaper/free with a cute pattern. I'm not saying I'm going to stop buying clothing at stores and start making everything myself... but this could become a good alternative to where if I would like something, but can't pay for it at all... I could re-fashion older over sized cloths and turn them into my own little creations.

The only thing I'm paying for with this craft/project is my time to do it. The dresses were free, I have a sewing machine and thread, and enough basic skills (I think) that I maybe pull this off. My husband of course was a little skeptic when I told him my idea... but hey, I've done a ton of projects that he didn't really think would work out... and they did. So That's even more motivation for me. To impress him with my finished product and look smokin on our date!

I will try and post pictures of my before and after pics. If they don't work out... you'll know, because I wouldn't have posted anything haha!!!

So wish me luck! 


No comments:

Post a Comment